Rexx tutorial will be useful for anyone, be in a student, a software Engineer or anyone who is serious towards mastering the Rexx in Mainframe.
This Rexx tutorial will be helpful for Mainframe application program / Mainframe system programmer, to make them comfortable in getting started with (Rexx) Restructured Extended Executor and its various functions.
There are no prerequisites for this Rexx tutorial. But you should have some knowledge of IBM Mainframe with z/OS Commands and Panels.
Would you like to learn TSO/ISPF ? Go to TSO/ISPF Tutorial
Would you like to learn JCL ? Go to JCL Tutorial
Would you like to learn COBOL ? Go to COBOL Tutorial
Would you like to learn VSAM ? Go to VSAM Tutorial
Would you like to learn CICS ? Go to CICS Tutorial
After completing the Rexx tutorial, you will be able to:
Explain the introduction to REXX.
Explain General Format of REXX Statements.
Describe Execution of REXX EXEC.
Describe Control Statements.
Explain the Rexx Functions(User Defined & Build-in) and Subroutines(Internal & External).
Explain Stacks and Queues.
Handle TSO/E Commands and File Operations.
Explain ISPF Tables and Panels.
Db2 Rexx Connect Concepts
Rexx Macro - ISREDIT
ISPF/PDS Macro Commands with examples
Rexx Skeleton and File Tailoring Services
Rexx Debugging Facilities
Rexx Interpret Commands
Rexx Skeleton Examples
Topics covered in Rexx Tutorial:
- Introduction To Rexx
- Basics Of Rexx
- Terminal Input And Output
- Execution Of Rexx
- Rexx Operators
- Rexx Conditional Instructions
- Rexx Looping Instructions
- Rexx Interrupt Instructions
- Rexx User Defined Functions
- Rexx Build-in Functions
- Internal And External Subroutines
- Functions Versus Subroutines
- Stacks And Queues
- TSO/E Commands
- Rexx File Operations
- Rexx ISPF Tables
- Rexx ISPF Panels
- Db2 Rexx Connect Concepts
- Rexx Macro Tutorial
- ISREDIT Macro in Rexx
- ISPF/PDS Macro Command List With Description
- ISPF/PDS EDIT Macro Command
- CANCEL ISPF/PDS EDIT Macro Command
- FIND ISPF/PDS EDIT Macro Command
- EXCLUDE ISPF/PDS EDIT Macro Command
- CHANGE ISPF/PDS EDIT Macro Command
- DELETE ISPF/PDS EDIT Macro Command
- CHANGE_COUNTS ISPF/PDS EDIT Macro Command
- Rexx ISREDIT Macro Example
- Rexx Skeleton Tutorials
- Rexx Control Records
- Rexx File Tailoring Services
- Rexx Debugging Facilities
- Rexx Special Variables For Debugging
- Invoking Skeletons From Rexx
- Rexx Interpret Commands
- Rexx Skeleton Examples